Saturday, August 02, 2008

paulina lake '08

night #1. marshmallows roasted over an open fire, j as meisterroaster.

canadian p, aren't you proud of us & our canadian booties you got us? see? we're using them! they're perfect for camping at paulina lake.

that's where the fun ended. night #1 was hell. at first my air mattress wasn't full enough, so i had to wake j up to do the honors. i tried sleeping, but soon got sore, because a pillow between the legs did not fit in a mummy bag. i was up at least every two hours, having to use the latrine & simply because the pain in my hips got too bad. and it was freezing out when i had to get up. i was so thankful to have my (down) puffy jacket, and thankful i had gotten a large enough size to barely fit over my belly. i finally got up around 5am & went for a walk. when i came back, j was up & starting a fire, worried about where i was. we ate breaky, & then i tried sleeping again. j smartly suggested i try putting his folded up sweatshirt between my knees to make the sleeping more comfy. it wasn't quite as nice as a pillow, but was good enough, allowing me to get a decent 3-ish more hours of sleep. i woke up in a MUCH better mood. earlier in the morning, i was ready to make him drive me home. i was a trooper, though, & toughed it out, & things got better. i think i earned some wifey points with this trip...

No comments: