Sunday, May 06, 2007

knitting girl


yesterday my friend k taught me how to knit. she refused to show me how to cast on or cast off, so when i run out of yarn from the scarf that she began for me, i'll have to give her a call. i knitted all day yesterday. when i woke up this morning, my shoulders were feeling kind of sore. i kept sneezing continuously, and sneezed in such a way to strain my shoulders/neck so that the muscles seized up in a most painful way. i took two muscle relaxers & alleve with my breakfast, which only slightly took the edge off. i'm sitting now with a tennis ball between my back & a pillow, pressing against the tight offending muscle. OOOUUCCCCHHH!!! i guess i need to learn to knit without looking down or something...
hmm... the scarf looks pretty uneven. oh well. it's just the first, and i'm just getting used to the technique. i wasn't really paying attention to how tight i was pulling the yarn, and i guess it's something i need to learn to adjust.

1 comment:

Allegra said...

Yay for your knitting! I am so happy that you have started! Just try to relax, remember that there is nothing fatal about knitting. You'll get into your own groove soon!