Thursday, August 02, 2012

survival.

this week has been really busy. j is getting swamped at work, and has been getting home after i've started both kids' baths. while it is fun to have the opportunity to spend more time with my kids (with my lighter summer schedule), it is way more exhausting than teaching (well, most students anyway). the past two evenings, i've indulged in a gin & tonic. just one each evening. last night it helped relax me enough to get through the family story time at the library. tonight it helped me get dinner cooked & served, with energy left over for playing outside. z was very sweet tonight - he said "i love you" twice, unprompted. his behavior was less than angelic - he had a couple time outs, but i got through dinner without majorly losing it (unlike before the kids' nap time today). he also wanted to wait for me to finish s's bedtime so he could say goodnight & give me a hug. for a kid that isn't so verbal and outgoing with feelings, it's a big deal. he did a very good job of voluntarily riding his yellow bike, and managed to do it without toppling over.

No comments: