Wednesday, December 31, 2008

goodbye 2008

Goodbye, 2008.  This has been a tough year for me.  Lots of challenges.  It brought me something very special - Z - but not without difficulties.  It's been a year of changes.  Perhaps it's telling that I've chosen to say goodbye to 2008 instead of hello to 2009.  I'm still mourning the loss of my life B.C. - before children - but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what I've gained.  Every day I love my little bundle of joy more and more, as he grows into a responsive little being.  He's smiling a lot more these days (when he's not screaming bloody murder from gas pain), just beginning to try to "talk" to us.  His little grasp is growing stronger, and he's gaining head strength.  He's almost able to enjoy a bumbo chair (he lasts for about 5 minutes), except for the fact that he's almost too huge to fit in it.  However, he still has a ways to go in the sleep department.  He still has really fussy days.  Time passes really slowly for me, but at the same time, I hardly have time to get anything accomplished.  October 10th seems years and years and years ago.  
We celebrated New Year's Eve, sharing dinner with friends.  Good times.  Pomegranate seeds are really beautiful...  
Today was difficult.  Z was having a bad day.  I hope tomorrow is better, and hope 2009 brings great things, not just for our family, but for this nation, and the whole world.  

No comments: