Thursday, July 24, 2008

hiking

my brother was up here last weekend, visiting from san francisco, and so saturday was a flurry of activity. j went climbing at beacon rock, and we all went hiking in the gorge. first we stopped & hiked to bridal veil falls (see first pic). then we drove to horsetail falls & oneonta gorge to do the triple falls hike. in the 2nd pic you can see the fam in front of horsetail falls (i think...), and then a pic of my dad & me (plus baby bump) in front of triple falls in the bottom two pictures. the hike was a lot for me to do. i felt fine, but my heart rate kept going really fast, faster than felt safe, so i kept having to slow myself down. it was weird. anyway, it took a long time because i was so slow, so when i got back, i had a bit of time to take a shower & pick up j before heading over to my parents' house for dinner. a fun, but long, day!


No comments: