Tuesday, November 21, 2006

as i was surfing this morning, i came across a post on my friend's blog that just struck me this morning as sad, but amusing. there were two posts about the dead schembechlers , a band of ohio state fans who sing (in punk style) songs called "bomb ann arbor", and other similar songs. the name schembechler was not familiar to me until after reading the first post, and then hearing later in the news that bo schembechler had passed away. that in itself is NOT amusing. however, after reading his second post which listed the band's myspace area, i checked it out and listened to a song, which was really funny. as mr. schembechler passed away, they're gonna have to change their name. poor ohio schmucks. i grew up in ohio, but never found a love for the state. i did my master's degree at the university of michigan, most obviously in violining because i didn't remember who bo schembechler was. shame on me!

No comments: